Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pitch for my music video

After hearing my song a few times and analysing the lyrics I started to interpret how I imagined the video to be and started to piece together some ideas that I could use as the basis for the music video.


The lyrics suggest that the singer/bands live a boring, monotonous and repetitive lifestyle in a drab town where nothing interesting happens. The chorus suggests that there is someone/ people in his life that he wants to improve his relationship with and change his ways of life. I am going to split the song into two main sections, the first being based around the lead singer's daily routine, and the second the band performing in the front room of the house.


The first part will only show the singer/guitarist and will show him waking up in the morning to the sound of his alarm and looking pretty apathetic. There will be some shots using lip syncing and shots picturing imagery used in the lyrics. To outline his repetitive lifestyle I'll include shots of him undertaking everyday tasks/ his daily routine- waking up disgruntled to a noisy alarm clock, getting up and looking out of the window at where he lives, going into the bathroom, having a wash, brushing teeth and turning on the shower.


I will experiment with unique camera transitions such as 360 degree camera spins to show the whole room and to blur the walls into one. 


Another transition I will use is four zooms from all sides of the singer to represent the four walls closing in.


I will repeat the footage used at the start of the video when the lyrics 'groundhog day goes round' are sung as this is an intertextual reference to the film of the same name in which the protagonist keeps waking up in the same day.


The singer/guitarist will be singing and playing guitar alone during the second verse, when the second chorus comes in the rest of the band appears behind the lead singer/guitarist to signify the change in 'his ways'.


During the instrumental section I will create a pixilation/ human stop motion using the band members and get them to change hats or items of clothing and change positions in a line etc.


Also to connote a dull boring lifestyle of the band, in the first section of the video that I mentioned previously, I may apply a black and white and/or grainy filter, this will juxtapose with the brighter footage that appears later on with the other band members.